A discount, referral from a friend, Facebook, or an online search may have introduced your brand to some of its best customers, but after the thrill of the first transaction is gone, it’s the emotional connection that will keep your customers loyal and telling the world how much they love you. And emotions run high, especially when it comes to customer service. According to Accenture’s 2012 Global Consumer Pulse Research:
- 63% of consumers point to service as the most important factor in their choice of a brand.
- 44% have higher customer service expectations than they had a year ago.
- 65% report that one of their top service frustrations is unfriendly or impolite agents.
- 70% say they are likely to switch brands if they deal with agents who are unable to answer their questions.
- 62% have actually switched brands in the past year due to poor customer service.
Just like in personal relationships, keeping a customer relationship going for years takes a lot of work. And the cost of losing customers can take a heavy toll: Read More